Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Week of Coupons #3

I love craft stores! Not because I'm particularly good at any crafts. I don't scrapbook, quilt, paint, draw, arrange flowers, or many of the other things offered at a craft store. However, for the times when I need a cheap, but quality t-shirt, or some glitter, I know I can get this and other random items at half price.

Micheal's, Jo Ann's, A.C. Moore - these are my favorite places. The only problem? I won't shop these stores unless I have a coupon, much like many of their other customers. When these places started offering coupons, they should have stopped to consider what they were doing to their brand.

These stores are now considered to be similar to dollar stores - maybe a step up, but still a place to go to find discounts. They often discount their holiday items weeks before the holiday even arrives. This is where you go to find a deal, but not necessarily quality.

When you decide to offer coupons for your business, what are you telling people about your business (brand)?

While most companies seek a middle ground for their businesses - offering an occasional coupon, but not overdoing it. The key is to find the line between too much and not enough. The best way to determine that line is to poll your customers, find out what they think of your business now and what you can do to improve their views. You can also determine how they view your services and products.

And if you're stuck trying to find that line, give us a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment